Thursday 11 September 2014

September?



Okay I realise we are now well into September, but how I do not know. I feel like September crept up on all of us and I can't believe it is Autumn again already!

I have actually had 3 months off this summer (thank you university), but I still feel scared at how fast this year is going!

I took a look back at some of my Summer Goals from my blog post and thought it would be fun to share with you all how I got on...


1) Go swimming in the sea as often as possible 
 - I actually managed this one! I swam almost every single day in July as the weather was so amazing!

2) Go surfing so I can get good(ish) again
- Fail. The sea was basically flat all summer unfortunately

3) Get fitter - do more exercise like swimming/running
- Well success on the swimming front... the running thing was never gonna happen haha

4) Do sit ups every morning before breakfast 
- YES - at least for the month of June and then mostly when I remembered!

5) Eat more healthily, i.e. get into eating salads and fruit more
- I've been having a lot of homemade smoothies this summer which I have been enjoying

6) See as many of my friends as possible as much as possible
- I think I've done quite well on this one, I've seen pretty much all of my school friends and have loved catching up with them all and spending lots of time with them.

7) Read more books... I really want to see The Fault in Our Stars but I feel like I cant until I've read the book!
- So I watched the film without reading the book oops! I have read a couple of books though so thats a start.

8) Do a proper clear out of my room and throw away old things (this one will be hard for me as I'm a secret stasher/hoarder haha!)
- As if I was going to do this...

9) Do something really spontaneous
- Not sure I managed this one in the way I was thinking when I wrote it. Although my family went on a spontaneous(ish) trip to Italy (see previous blog post), even that was booked 3 months in advance haha. 

10) Develop my blog and create some good posts I'm proud of
- I have failed so much at my blog this summer but have just been spending lots of time outside and with my friends instead. I think it'll be easier when I'm back at university to get into a routine of writing posts!

11) Build a massive sandcastle
- Did this. It was great.

12) Learn how to cook more dishes and bake lots of cakes - kind of undermines no.5 but thats life!
- Baked many many cakes but not so much of the actual main course dishes... cooking at university could be interesting!

13) Make the longest daisy chain ever
- Nooooo I forgot about this one - off to make one now...

14) Watch as many sunsets as I can
- Most of the sunsets I watched I was doing no.15...

15) Have fish and chips on the beach
- Yay I had fish and chips on the beach several times with various friends and family. It's so lovely to eat on the beach and watch the sunset!

16) Drink 2 litres of water a day
- Whilst I definitely haven't managed drinking 2 litres a day, I have been drinking a lot of water this summer in replacement of other drinks.

17) Dance all night, to the best song ever...
- Does dancing till 2.30am count for this?

18) Sort out my clothes/re-vamp my summer wardrobe
- I haven't sorted them out per se, however I have bought quite a few new clothing items!

19) Spend as much time outside as possible (I really hope it stays this sunny and warm!)
- It's been such an amazing summer weather-wise so this one hasn't been hard at all

20) Make the most of every second!
- I've had such an incredible summer, I've had so much fun and I can't believe how fast 3 months went! 

Although I'm sad summer is over now, I'm so so excited about going back to university and seeing all my friends there again. I also cannot wait to start wearing cosy jumpers and trackies again and snuggle up watching films all day!

Did you all have a good summer? xo

1 comment: